[PyQt] Error building PyQt bindings for QScintilla 2.4

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Thu Aug 20 18:32:43 BST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to update my QScintilla bindings to v2.4 from v2.2.

Make and install of the C++ library was fine.

When trying the Python bindings, configure.py yields the following error:
----
QScintilla 2.4 is being used.
PyQt 4.4.2 is being used.
Qt v4.4.0 Desktop edition is being used.
SIP 4.7.7 is being used.
The QScintilla module will be installed in
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/PyQt4.
The QScintilla API file will be installed in
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.4.0/qsci/api/python.
The QScintilla .sip files will be installed in /usr/share/sip/PyQt4.
Generating the C++ source for the Qsci module...
sip: /usr/share/sip/PyQt4/QtCore/qxmlstream.sip:192: Incorrect number of
arguments to Python slot
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
----

Well, I was mainly trying to update it to see if there are any fixes to
the autocomplete pop-up stealing focus on X11 (using Ubuntu 9.04).

Thanks,
Darryl

--
Darryl Wallace: Project Leader