[PyQt] Crash in sip_api_is_py_method() with PyQt 4.6

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 22:13:33 GMT 2009

On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 8:01 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Try also tonight snapshot, Phil wrote that the bug will be fixed.
>>
>> I'm seeing several reports of this same crash, so at least it appears
>> to be systematic. Great that the fix is out.
>
> I can confirm that this crash is now fixed by Karmic packages.

A bit of a blast from the past, but...

I apt-get upgraded my Debian Sid installation to the latest status,
but this crash still occurs.

An interim solution (until debian updates python-sip4) is to download
and install the package from Karmic:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/fi/karmic/python-sip4

For reference, this crash is reported e.g. here:

Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio