[PyQt] Slow loading times of PyQt .exe with Pyinstaller

eliben eliben at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 18:52:30 GMT 2009

Hello,

I've compiled a relatively simple GUI application with PyQt into an .exe
with Pyinstaller. The loading time of this .exe is very long (7-8 seconds).

When I compile it with py2exe instead (which seems to work great except that
one has to remember adding 'sip' as an explicit depenency), the loading time
is only 1-2 seconds. The executable is a bit larger (10 MB instead of 9 MB
with Pyinstaller).

Has anyone had similar experiences? Am I configuring Pyinstaller wrong?

Eli