[PyQt] LGPL license.

Giovanni Bajo rasky at develer.com
Wed Feb 11 13:30:16 GMT 2009

On 2/11/2009 7:57 AM, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:10 PM, Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Comes down to if pyQT is LGPL then I write in my fav lang python, if
>> not then I go back and relearn C++ and face the brackets that I hoped
>> never to face again. :-)
>
> As said many times before, *nothing has been announced on this yet*.
>
> Even if PyQt wasn't released under LGPL, QtRuby people would never
> pass the opportunity to screw python by going LGPL (thus making ruby
> the "preferred" dynamic language for gui development). So I don't
> think you'd need to go for C++ in any case.

I doubt that any company on earth would save £350 and change programming
language. This kind of decision is made by amateur programmers that just
want to play around with Qt, but those can already use the GPL version.

So, no, I don't think that *any* decision with QtRuby can reasoably
affect the business potential user base of PyQt.
--
Giovanni Bajo
Develer S.r.l.