[PyQt] Embedding PyQt with C++ Qt Application

Brian Kelley kelley at eyesopen.com
Wed Feb 11 15:13:20 GMT 2009

If you are not doing threading, you can just embed a normal python interpreter and go to town or you can simply link to PythonQt which already has a nice python console.

http://pythonqt.sourceforge.net/

It has an interpreter pre-loaded and ready to go that does nice thinks like giving you the ability to redirect standard out to a Qt window.   You don't have to use the PythonQt style of interfacing with python, you can use PyQt instead from the interpreter (PyQt is way more powerful).  Be aware that if you have a threaded application, you might crash and burn here since PythonQt doesn't handle thread states properly.  I've been trying to send them a patch to no avail.

Take a look at their PyScriptingConsole.

Brian Kelley