[PyQt] QVariantHash bug in PyQt 4.5.1 (+patch)

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Jul 8 19:03:08 BST 2009

Hello Phil,

The good folks at the Pardus Linux distribution brought a bug to my
attention where QHash<String,QVariant> objects (aka QVariantHash) would
be mapped to empty Python dicts.

I've dug into the SIP and PyQt and found the problem and have simple
fix. See the attached patch.

This bug affects a rather important part of the KDE desktop (plasmoids),
and therefore directly affects the Pardus release (due in ~2 weeks) and
the KDE 4.3 release (due end of this month). An updated PyQt would be
very welcome, the sooner the better.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/