[PyQt] Build problem : Pyqt-4.5 on mac osx Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Thu Mar 12 22:06:43 GMT 2009

Or add a symlink in the SDK to libQtLucene.  That way when you install
a new version of Qt, you don't have to copy the library to the SDK
again.

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libQtLucene.dylib /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/
usr/lib

On Mar 12, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Damien Elmes wrote:

> I posted about this less than a day ago:
>
> While I wait for the next snapshot, I have tried compiling against
> python2.5, and the compile proceeds. However, I did run into an issue
> with lucene, like mentioned in this post:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.pyqt-pykde/12047
>
> I had the same issue compiling pyqt4.4, so I decided to chase it up
> this time. I use osx 10.4 and so I need to pass a command to the sip
> compile specifying /developer/sdks/macosx10.4u.. when configuring in
> order to get universal binaries. This results in an arg being passed
> to gcc telling it that the library root is that directory, and so the
> lucene libs which are installed in /usr/lib are not found. I worked
> around the problem by copying the libs from /usr/lib into
> /developer/sdks/macosx10.4u.sdk/usr/lib
>
> On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 6:06 AM, massimo di stefano
> <massimodisasha at yahoo.it> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>> I'm tring to install pyqt4.5 on mac osx leopard (10.5.6)
>> these the procedure i follow to build it :
>>
>> sip:
>>
>> export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.5
>> python configure.py -n -d /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages \
>> -b /usr/local/bin -e /usr/local/include -v /usr/local/share/sip \
>> -s MacOSX10.5.sdk
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>
>> pyqt:
>>
>> export QTDIR=/Developer/Applications/Qt
>> python configure.py -d /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages \
>> -b /usr/local/bin
>> make
>> sudo make install
>>

>> ld: library not found for -lQtCLucene
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> ld: library not found for -lQtCLucene
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>> lipo: can't open input file:
>> /var/folders/15/15zQj3qeHemLNapL-foqC++++TI/-Tmp-//ccm0K1y8.out (No
>> such
>> file or directory)
>> make[1]: *** [QtHelp.so] Error 1
>> make: *** [all] Error 2

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy