[PyQt] Next Releases of PyQt and SIP [Building on OS X 10.4]

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Wed Oct 21 10:27:28 BST 2009

On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 13:23:43 -0600, Melton Low <softw.devl at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Phil Thompson
> <phil at riverbankcomputing.com
>> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:31:40 -0600, Melton Low <softw.devl at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Executing PyQt4's configure.py on Mac OS X 10.4.11 continues to
produce
>> > errors.
>> > This is on a PPC Mac running OS X 10.4.11:
>> > Python 2.6.3
>> > Qt 4.5.3 carbon version
>> > Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091015
>> > PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091014
>> >
>> > Configuration problem sharted with:
>> > Qt 4.5.3 carbon version
>> > Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091002
>> > PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091002
>> >
>> > Problem disappeared if I completely removed Qt and reinstalled an
>> > earlier
>> > version of Qt:
>> > Qt 4.5.2 carbon version
>> > Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091001
>> > PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091001
>> >
>> > I had posted the problem earlier.  If this is being worked on, please
>> > ignore
>> > this.  In case the new configure verbose output is useful I am
>> > including
>> it
>> > as an attachment since it's quite lengthy.
>>
>> Have you tried configuring SIP with "--arch ppc"?
>>
>> Have you installed PyQt before on this system?
>>
>> Phil
>>

> I have had PyQt on this system since of Qt 4.5.1.
>
> I tried --arch=PPC with Sip and --use_arch=PPC with PyQt the day before.
> No
> difference.

This looks like a problem with Qt v4.5.3 where it's insisting on building
for i386 (even if you have "CONFIG -= x86" in your .pro file).

It would be interesting to compare the contents of Qt's
mkspecs/features/mac directory with an earlier version of Qt. If they are
different then this is what you would need to hack at.

You could also try adding "CONFIG -= x86" to the top of the qtdirs.pro file
that PyQt's configure.py generates and run qmake manually on it to see if
the "-arch i386" still appears in the Makefile.