[PyQt] dbus for win32

David Boddie dboddie at trolltech.com
Thu Sep 10 12:52:30 BST 2009

On Wed Sep 9 17:51:32 BST 2009, Jens Nie wrote:

> I would like to use some dbus based functionality another application
> offers within PyQt4 on windows and just realized that all the Qt DBus stuff
> does not seem to be wrapped, so that the native dbus libraries need to be
> used.

Normally, you would use the standard python-dbus package for D-Bus:

  http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/DBusBindings

But the problem is that D-Bus support isn't stable on Windows yet, though
there is a port to Windows in progress:

  http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus

If you're specifically targeting Windows, you could also look at using other
technologies for inter-process communication.

David