[PyQt] Snow Leopard

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Sep 28 15:14:08 BST 2009

On Sep 28, 2009, at 4:01 AM, Michael Held wrote:

> hi pyqt,
>
> I had some problems forcing Apples Python to 32 bit. neither
> export VERSIONER_PYTHON_PREFER_32_BIT=yes
> nor
> defaults write com.apple.versioner.python Prefer-32-Bit -bool yes
> was working.

I've had similar problems running 32bit python.  I didn't know about
those prefer-32-bit options, and was using arch -i386 python.  I
tracked it down to the executables: for some reason the python
executable in /usr/bin is different than the one in the Python
framework.  The one in /usr/bin is the one that gets executed by
default, but the one in the framework *does* respond to arch -i386,
and may respond to those prefer- options.  Since the versioned
executables in /usr/bin are symlinks to the framework executables, try
running 'python2.6'.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin