[PyQt] Weird QTextLabel Output

matt-lists at comnet.net.nz matt-lists at comnet.net.nz
Sat Apr 24 02:02:23 BST 2010

I've got a small program that parses a web page and outputs a small amount of
text to a QTextLabel.  The problem is, that when displaying numbers with
spaces between them, the textLabel seems to add in strange characters.
Example:  http://everydaylht.com/example.png

The string should be "6 272 640 square inches".  This is how the string looks
when I parse the webpage.  If I print the string before it is displayed, the
terminal output is how it should be (ie. 6 272 640 square inches).  However,
in a QTextLabel, those weird A's get inserted.

The source file uses UTF-8 encoding.

Any suggestions what this might be, or how it might be fixed.

The relevant code is here:  http://pastebin.org/171738

Thanks

Matt