[PyQt] Application not hiding from taskbar

Hans Meine meine at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Mon Dec 6 14:21:54 GMT 2010

Am Montag 06 Dezember 2010, 14:30:32 schrieben Sie:
> I get a spontaneous hide event when the window is minimized.
> self.setVisible(False) works too.

Yeah, my wording was misleading.  What I wanted to say is that hide() leads to
a hideEvent(), not the other way round.  hide() is equivalent to
setVisible(False) and can also be caused by WM events.  (I wonder if this is
related to the flickering effect you reported.)

> How do i close the window non-destructivly?

See WA_DeleteOnClose:
  http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6//qt.html#WidgetAttribute-enum

> Since I'm minimizing to
> tray I basically just want to hide it, completely.

Thinking about it, close() will eventually not do much more than hide(),
either, IIRC (see QWidget::close() for yourself).  I don't understand how this
can leave a taskbar entry.  (OTOH, I just learned that "proper" OS X programs
have an application window delegate which reports the main window to the OS,
so maybe Windows has something similar.)

Sorry if I could not really help,
  Hans