[PyQt] Problem with QFileSystemWatcher

NARCISO, Rui RUI.NARCISO at airbus.com
Fri Dec 10 10:08:50 GMT 2010

When I use absolute paths (os.path.abspath) or real paths (os.path.realpath) or even relative paths (../../toto) it doesn't work.
It only works when I use only the file name.

I don't think permissions are the problem because I tried the with the same file in the current folder and then in the parent folder and it works for the first and it doesn't for the latter...

I'm on a Linux workstation accessing hard drives physically stored in a data center elsewhere.
Can this be the problem ? I would think not because if it works for a file in the current folder it should work for the parent folder as well since both are in the same hard drive/filer ...

Any insight anyone ?
Cheers
Rui