[PyQt] Problem freezing a Sqlite based PyQT app

Claudio Felix felix.claudio at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 02:18:50 GMT 2010

2010/1/11 Anil <anilet at atlastooling.com.au>

>  Have you included "sqldrivers" folder in to your package?
>

> On 12/01/2010 11:55 AM, Claudio Felix wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've been developing a PyQT database app which uses a SQlite3
> database. It is working just fine on my development environment, which
> is Linux based. My problem is the end users want it running on
> Windows, and it does run fine on it, until I try freezing it (they
> wouldn't have a clue as how to install python, PyQT and all by
> themselves). I'm using cx_Freeze to get it done and on Linux even the
> frozen version runs just fine, but on Windows I get this error:
>
> Database Error: Driver not loaded
>
> Have you guys hit anything like this before? I'm using the same
> version of cx_Freeze on Linux and Windows (4.1.2) and the software
> doesn't have any different imports for one or the other, so I guess
> the same modules should be included in the freezing process.. is there
> anything obvious I'm missing? The cx_Freeze command line used was like
> this (also tried from eric4 packager plugin, with same result):
>
> cxfreeze --target-dir=c:\test --target-name=app.exe
> --base-name=Win32GUI mainwindow.py
>
> If this helps, python version is 2.6.2, QT is 4.5.2 and PyQT is 4.4.4.
>
> Thanks and congratulations for the great work in PyQT!
>
> Claudio
>

> --

Thanks Anil, it worked just fine! Just complementing for those who face the
same problem in the future, I had to copy the C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\
PyQt4\plugins\sqldrivers dir to my frozen app target-dir. The only file
needed in my case was qsqlite4.dll (which refers to QSqlite), but it has to
be in a folder named ''sqldrivers'' into the target-dir for the app to work.

Cheers,

Claudio