[PyQt] Problem freezing a Sqlite based PyQT app

Demetrius Cassidy dcassidy36 at mass.rr.com
Tue Jan 12 18:23:00 GMT 2010

I actually had nothing but problems with PyInstaller. In my instance, I
am using Twisted + PyQt4 in my app, so I could never even get it to run
while frozen. Not to mention it seems to want to pickup every dll in my
system to package it into my app (like kernel32.dll).

You can manually copy the Qt plugins folder, since you should only need
to do this once unless you delete the dist folder each build (that gets
annoying quick). I know theres no support for implicit dependencies, but
you can explicitly define them in the setup script (or you can use
something like Gui2Exe).