[PyQt] debugging symbols

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Jul 29 09:05:00 BST 2010

On Thursday 29 July 2010, 04:43:24 Luke Campagnola wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get debugging symbols for the pyqt windows
> binaries? I have a few crashes occurring somewhere in QtCore, and so far
> my current strategy of "hope the bug exists in Linux too" is not working.
> My searches have turned up very little..

Luke, this is the wrong list for your issue, since it sounds very much like
Qt issues. The PyQt layer tends to not cover any crashes on that level,
while in the same time being only very rarely in charge of such crashes.

You should try your luck in Qt oriented lists/fora. I guess, that you either
try to rebuild your complete win toolchain with gcc -g, and use gdb, or do
something similar with your favorite compiler collection.

Cheers,
Pete