[PyQt] Links to the web from html help files in a resource.

Robert Norman tfcrobert at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:52:14 BST 2010

I'm  using a QTextBrowser for my help system and would like to have some
of the hyperlinks bring up the users full browser so that they can, for
examle, download support files from third party web sites.  All the
links, of course get the qrc path prepended to the links since all the
html files are in a resource path "qrc:/Help".
So my internal link to myPage.html is translated to
"qrc:/Help/myPage.html".

I'm guessing I'd have to subclass QTextBrowser and check to see if the
links contain some appropriate pattern link www.* , filter out the qrc
stuff and pass the link on to the default browser.

Anyone have a sample of doing this?
Thanks,
Rob

--