[PyQt] py2exe and VTK

projetmbc at club-internet.fr projetmbc at club-internet.fr
Tue Mar 16 06:48:04 GMT 2010

Hello,
I'm intesresting to see how you use VTK with PyQt. Is your code visible somewhere on the web ?

Best regards and sorry for not ansewering your question.
Christophe

My Windows application uses PyQt and VTK.  When I try to build an executable
with py2exe, the following modules appear to be missing:

'libvtkCommonPython', 'libvtkFilteringPython', 'libvtkGenericFilteringPython',
'libvtkGeovisPython', 'libvtkGraphicsPython', 'libvtkHybridPython',
'libvtkIOPython', 'libvtkImagingPython', 'libvtkInfovisPython',
'libvtkParallelPython', 'libvtkRenderingPython', 'libvtkViewsPython',
'libvtkVolumeRenderingPython', 'libvtkWidgetsPython'

What's surprising is that all the relevant VTK dlls are successfully copied to
dist.  Also surprising is the fact that the program executes without errors,
although it fails to display the VTK scene.

Has anyone had success in building an executable with py2exe that uses VTK
libraries?

Thanks
Gib