[PyQt] Reporting Bugs in PyQt/Qt

Ian hobson42 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:35:03 GMT 2010

On 29/11/2010 22:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> There are many references to an example which might have helped. This is at
>> >
>> >  http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/static/Docs/PyQt4/html/itemviews-simpletreemodel.html
>> >
>> >  This gives a 404.  Double Hmmmm.
> I'd expect the sample to be part of the PyQt4 distribution (at least the
> sources).

Hi Andreas, Hans

That would make a lot of sense, but sadly, it is not so.

The Windows distribution includes no examples. When you load the
examples menu option, you get a warning that tells you they have not
been installed! The menu system it then loads is showy, and allows you
to select the examples - which then fail.

Within the API docs, the links to Model/View Classes and model/view
Framework point to missing files (all links to examples also fail).

The assistant contains just the introduction page and nothing else. (No
helpful comments about finding it on-line).

And rather worryingly, All the links claim to point to 4.7.4's
documentation. When you get there,  its all 4.6.

So it would appear some dim-witted moronic fool has removed the "first
tier" of helpful docs from the windows release. No wonder things are so
exasperatingly difficult!

Now that I have found the on-line docs, and I will persist.

Regards

Ian