[PyQt] Skinning the title bar and window border

pard pardmeister at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 11:47:54 BST 2010

Hi Pete

I understand why it is not popular. However, this is a requirement for work
purposes.
I had created a working program using wxpython for the gui, but the client
required a
specific colour scheme, fonts, etc. I found that wxpython was very
restrictive when it
comes to theming.

PyQt uses stylesheets which make it much simpler to theme an application.
The only
outstanding requirement is that the frame must be the same theme as the
application.
Marketing is quite adamant about this.

I also understand that it would be better to start with the basics, however,
the deadline
is also tight. If there are any resources which would give pointers as to
how to
reconstruct the work of window managers for my app it would be much
appreciated.

Pard