[PyQt] trouble installing pyqt4 from source on fedora 13

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Sep 30 15:33:26 BST 2010

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/14306102/dir/fedora_13/com/qt-4.6.3-8.fc13.x86_64.rpm.html
> , the packages I have installed should have provided the shared
> libraries, but I must be missing something.

configure.py is checking to see if QT_SHARED is defined (the blank line in
the output implies it is not). The .pro it creates for qtdirs contains a
workaround for "certain" broken distros to make sure it is set properly.
Maybe the workaround no longer works.