[PyQt] 2 Updates for the modeltest in PyQt4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Feb 21 09:17:24 GMT 2011

On 20.02.11 23:52:13, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> On Sonntag 20 Februar 2011, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I didn't test yet against an actual model, so might have done
> > something wrong in porting.
>
> yep.
>
> lists have no add, it is append

Heh, worked too much with sets lately.

> I didn't test either but pylint did
>
> Where do you maintain modeltest.py?

In the repository that I develop that project in. Its completely private
at this point.

> I got it from
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~bzr/ubuntu/maverick/qbzr/bzr-
> ppa/annotate/head:/lib/tests/modeltest.py
>
> I made a few bug fixes and I believe I mailed them back to
> the author but now that I check again not all of them made
> it in, there are still some self. missing in front of model.*
>
> also, checking values for TextAlignmentRole is still  wrong
> there: it does not accept ORed values

Interesting, I didn't spot any differences between the C++ and Python
version in that area. Then again I didn't look too close either...

> I also changed some things to make pylint happy
> (my local git commit hook does not let me commit unless pylint is
> silent)
>
> my version, now with your patches:
> svn cat
> svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdegames/kajongg/src/modeltest.py

Thanks for letting me know, will check that version out.

> there also is a modeltest.py from riverbank in
> contrib/pymodeltest
> but it has a lot of missing self and does not contain your
> patches.
>
> your paths look like you got it from somewere else again:
> tests/modeltest/modeltest.py
>
> so I know about three different copies where
> I believe mine has less bugs than the others, and you
> seem to be patching a forth copy

I'm patching PyQt4 4.8.3's version currently and hence posted the
patches here.

Andreas

--
Time to be aggressive.  Go after a tattooed Virgo.