[PyQt] Building SIP project

Jens Thoms Toerring jt at toerring.de
Tue Jul 5 20:57:14 BST 2011

Hi Matt,

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 11:04:54AM -0700, Matt Newell wrote:
> > So I am looking for a way to tell sip to not re-create
> > .cpp files when they aren't older than the correspon-
> > ding .sip file or anything equivalent. Any ideas how
> > to get this done?
>
> I think that such a check wouldn't work in many cases.  However if sip
> would do a comparison of the existing .cpp file to the newly generated
> one, and only overwrite the existing one if there was a change, that
> should work properly in all cases.

Brilliant! That's something one can do easily in the confi-
guration script: just set sip's '-c' option to a temporary
directory and then, after sip has been run, copy only those
files that are different (except for the "Generated by SIP"
line which has always a different date) over to the direc-
tory where they're supposed to end up in for compilation;-)

               Thanks a lot and best regards, Jens
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ________      jt at toerring.de