[PyQt] Building SIP project

Jens Thoms Toerring jt at toerring.de
Thu Jul 7 00:26:24 BST 2011

Hi Phil.

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 10:33:51PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2011 21:57:14 +0200, Jens Thoms Toerring <jt at toerring.de>
> wrote:
> > Brilliant! That's something one can do easily in the confi-
> > guration script: just set sip's '-c' option to a temporary
> > directory and then, after sip has been run, copy only those
> > files that are different (except for the "Generated by SIP"
> > line which has always a different date) over to the direc-
> > tory where they're supposed to end up in for compilation;-)
>
> Use the -T option to avoid the changing timestamp problem.

Thanks for the tip, although at the moment I'm forced to use
4.10.1 and the '-T' option, which would make things even ea-
sier, seems to be a more recent addition.

> Note that I don't consider this whole issue a SIP problem. It's a
> limitation of ancient build systems (ie. make) that is addressed by more
> modern systems (eg. cmake).

It's definitely not a genuine SIP issue. And I also don't feel
that it would be necessary to change anything since all that's
needed can rather easily be put into the configure script (took
me about half an hour to get it to work and then I'm still a
more or less bloody beginner when it comes to Python, so I
had to look up a lot of things) - all it needed was a push
to look into the right direction;-)

                     Thanks and best regards, Jens
  \   Jens Thoms Toerring  ________      jt at toerring.de