[PyQt] make failure on mac os x

Sateesh Kumar sateeshpyper at gmail.com
Sun May 1 08:40:13 BST 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 3:42 AM, David Cortesi <davecortesi at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to install on Mac OS X 10.6.7 with the default python 2.6.
> I installed SIP, its make and make-install seemed to run correctly.
> I installed Qt 4.7.2 and ran its demos.
> I downloaded PyQt-mac-gpl-4.8.3 and ran its make, which did a whole
> bunch of compiles with no obvious errors. It got right to the end and
> failed as shown below.
>

> [...]
>
> g++ -headerpad_max_install_names -single_module -dynamiclib -o

[...]

> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [libpythonplugin.dylib] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I faced the same error while installing PyQt on Mac. Following the steps
mentioned here :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-mac-installers/+bug/529987/comments/9
helped me to do a successful install of PyQt Mac.
The post mentions that different options need to be passed for "--arch"
swith while
running configure.py for SIP and PyQt.

HTH,
sateesh