[PyQt] make failure on mac os x

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Sun May 1 21:32:16 BST 2011

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Sateesh Kumar <sateeshpyper at gmail.com> wrote:

> I faced the same error while installing PyQt on Mac. Following the steps
> mentioned here :
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr-mac-installers/+bug/529987/comments/9
> helped me to do a successful install of PyQt Mac.

This does eliminate the error trying to link the plugin. The --arch
arguments force universal binaries with support for both 32- and
64-bit apps, which is fine, however I do note during the configure of
PyQt the following appears:

> QtDesigner module disabled with universal binaries.

I wasn't planning to use QtDesigner anyway, so no big.

Dave Cortesi

BTW: running the full PyQt make with an epic number of g++ compiles on
a macbook pro? Runs the CPU temps up to full-fan and makes it quite
uncomfortable to have on one's lap!