[PyQt] [SIP] Python crash with QString

Demetrius Cassidy dcassidy36 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 22:45:15 BST 2011

Well, my educated guess is it's because PyQt4 is being compiled with VS2010,
but the Python binaries are all compiled under VS2008. I've had issues
before trying to use sip/PyQt4 compiled with VS2010, with Python compiled
with 2008, in that strings would end up being blank or having odd crashes
going from C++ to Python.

To keep it short, I do not recommend you mix dlls created with VS2010 with
Python built under VS2008, it has tended to cause issues at least for me.