[PyQt] PyQT4 and Qt Embedded 4.8.4

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Fri Feb 1 20:44:31 GMT 2013

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:15:29 +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Feb 2013 17:01:53 +0900, IhatemyISP <ihatemyisp at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > PyQT - 4.9.6
> > Qt - 4.9.6
> > Python - 2.7.2+
> >
> > I'm doing this on a Beaglebone, hence the desire to use Qt/E.
> >
> > Any advice you can give will be appreciated.

[...]

> You probably need to update the .sip files to define a new platform. Then
> include the correct definitions (eg for Qt::HANDLE) for that platform.
>
> I'm in the process of adding support for cross-compilation to the build
> system but that is a few weeks away yet.

If there's anything you need from my repository that could help with that,
feel free to reuse it:

https://bitbucket.org/dboddie/pyqt4-for-embedded-linux

It's not very up-to-date, but I did manage a not-very-stripped-down build of
PyQt 4.9.4 against Qt 4.8.3 and Python 2.7.3, though that wasn't done using
a cross compiler.

David