[PyQt] Javascript causes segmentation fault

xUMi trash at xumi.fr
Wed Feb 6 14:51:05 GMT 2013

Hi there,
I'm struggling on a mysterious crash since few weeks now.
I tried to find some help on Stackoverflow and on the Qt forum, but I got
no luck.

Basically, when I try to display some website (www.softpedia.com, for
example) my PyQt app crashes with a Segmentation fault.
I pinpointed it the best I can: if I disable JavascriptEnabled flag then it
works. But disabling javascript isn't even barely a workaround, I need it.

This happens on my app and on all the basic app I found here and there on
github. I tried with different PyQt builds (4.9.4, 4.9.6, and even the last
snapshot-4.10-00f1b86f7175).

I finally subscribed to this mailing list. I hope somebody that may help
will find a solution.

If you want to know more, here is my post on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14525713/pyqt-badly-crashing-on-a-given-website

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,
xUMi