[PyQt] Javascript causes segmentation fault

Vincent Vande Vyvre vincent.vandevyvre at swing.be
Wed Feb 6 16:55:51 GMT 2013

Le 06/02/13 15:51, xUMi a écrit :
> Hi there,
> I'm struggling on a mysterious crash since few weeks now.
> I tried to find some help on Stackoverflow and on the Qt forum, but I
> got no luck.
>
> Basically, when I try to display some website (www.softpedia.com
> <http://www.softpedia.com>, for example) my PyQt app crashes with a
> Segmentation fault.
> I pinpointed it the best I can: if I disable JavascriptEnabled flag
> then it works. But disabling javascript isn't even barely a
> workaround, I need it.
>
> This happens on my app and on all the basic app I found here and there
> on github. I tried with different PyQt builds (4.9.4, 4.9.6, and even
> the last snapshot-4.10-00f1b86f7175).
>
> I finally subscribed to this mailing list. I hope somebody that may
> help will find a solution.
>
> If you want to know more, here is my post on stackoverflow:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14525713/pyqt-badly-crashing-on-a-given-website
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> xUMi

I've had the same issue with javascript.

The cause was the visibility of the widget wich contains the web page
(in my case, a map viewer into a toolBox).

When the widget is not visible (i.e. at launching) the application crash
(alway
with OpenStreetMap and randomly with Google Map api) but never when the
web page
is visible.

--
Vincent V.V.