[PyQt] Pyqt Translation

uahmed gleam.uahmed at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:37:51 GMT 2013

Hi

I am facing problem in doing translation of pyqt application . The way i
use to create frame /window is that . I create the frame on Qt4 Designer
and it generate the .ui file after that i convert it to python file using
pyuic4 tool and include it in the application .

I search internet what i get is that qt creator has Languist program that
take .pro file format and can generate the language file . What files i can
have are the .ui or.py file . and pyqt has  pylupdate4 program that can do
it but that required .pro file and i have .ui and py file .I also try to
open a ui file in qt Creator and save it as a project file and than use
pylupdate4 and lupdate but it says its not .pro file format .

Can anyone tell me whats the best way to translate the file . In my
application sometime i have to update the window text on the runtime so
that text is in the code too any way to separate that code ? . I am sorry i
am new to converting files for language .

Any reply will be the thankful

Thank you

Ahmed