[PyQt] g-streamer info or kiss off

Kevin Mcintyre kebin70 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:28:22 BST 2014

Can anybody point me toward any info to getting QWebKit started
without g-streamer video?  Or tell me it simply isn't possible, anything
from anybody would be nice.

settings().setAttribute(QWebSettings.PluginsEnabled, False) does nothing.

I've seen hints that you can compile without no-video but can't seem to
find any clear info.

PyQt 5.3.1

At wits end/beginning, 6 weeks of development just to handle all the
ridiculousness.  It's made my app rock solid, but it's time to put this
shit to bed, how do I f'ing start/build a QApplication without hooks to
g-streamer?