[PyQt] Windows Install Issue

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jan 13 17:38:19 GMT 2014

Hello,

the only ‚work around‘ would be to compile PyQt5 yourself. However, depending on what you want to achieve, it may be simpler to just stay with PyQt4 and hope, that Phil creates installers, that can be installed in parallel. I don’t see a reason, why this should not be possible. Eric5 needs PyQt4 to be run. However, that may change for the next major release (scheduled end of this year).

Detlev

Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de