[PyQt] Using PyQt5 as a newbie

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Jan 15 11:19:00 GMT 2014

Dear Bjarke,

On Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014 00:07:12 Bjarke Korsgaard wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am a newbie on PyQt5 and Python. I have done much programming in C and
> RISC programming for processors from Microchip and Atmel, but still find it
> very difficult to start using the world of PyQt5…
>
> Everything is installed on my Win8.1 machine and I can make a simple layout
> with some buttons - but where can I find some tutorials for the PyQt…? Help
> in the IDE is not working at all and I get en error message if I try to see
> the code… The question is - how do I go from PyQt visual programming to
> Python programming in PyQt…?

For a good start from the very beginning, you should consider to get your
hands on a copy of: http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html.

While it's written for PyQt4 and apart from some import shifts, much of all
concepts are still valid, and be assured, that Mark is an outstanding writer
of technical books. Literally. And I read a lot of technical books (Plone
centered right now - with *much* less fun, unfortunately).

BTW: I'm not affiliated in any way with Mark.

Other than that, use your google foo to check public resources in this regard.

Pete