[PyQt] possible QFileDialog bug

Shiouen oliver_va at live.be
Sun Jan 19 15:03:15 GMT 2014

Hey there,

I've been experiencing a bug in QFileDialog for a while and thought a fresh
install of Qt5.2 and PyQt5.2 would help (the OS has also been refreshed)
fixing the issue, but it didn't.

QFileDialog, the function getOpenFileName specifically, shows very strange
behaviour.
1. A second, initially transparent, window opens along with the file dialog.
If I move this window, it takes over whatever what was hidden behind it.
(screenshot shows this)
2. All options, filters, show dirs only, directory parameter, etc. do not
work at all

example code:  pastebin code <http://pastebin.com/nfxVekpd>  , I randomly
put the last line there, since no matter where I call that line, same
behaviour occurs. I'm showing this code, just in case I missed anything
fundamental before calling the getOpenFileName function.

screenshot:  example <http://i.imgur.com/iuWPxKG.png>  , the second windows
is named gui.py and has already been moved, copying whatever content was
behind it. The actualy search window/dialog is launched as if all parameters
were 'None'

-v: Ubuntu 12.04.3, (Py)Qt5.2

thanks in advance.