[PyQt] Fresh Installation on Windows leads to confusing Error

Yafes Sahin yafes7 at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 11 18:37:33 BST 2014

Thank you for the information solved the problem, one more question, in nearly every example where a ui file is used, for me it seems, that the whole concept of ui files is thrown away as the ui is programmatically defined anyway in most cases. Is there a special reason for that? Or better to say, is there an example, where the UI Design is loaded from file and used as well like it comes (Positioning and Padding) ?

Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> schrieb am 17:38 Donnerstag, 11.September 2014:

On 11/09/2014 1:33 pm, Yafes Sahin wrote:
> Hi,
>

> i was attempting to install:
>
> PyQt5-5.3.1-gpl-Py3.4-Qt5.3.1-x64.exe
>
> Eventhough i don't have installed PyQt4 i get the error message
> "A copy of PyQt4 for Python v3.4 is already installed in C:\Python34
> and must be uninstalled first"
>
> As there is even no folder "C:\Python34" this message is totally
> confusing.
>

> What i tried:
>
> 1) I've installed Python 3.4, tried to install then the exe, but the
> same error
>
> 2) Deleted python 2.7
>
> 3) Deleted all environment variables referencing to python or pyqt
>
> So what else can i do?
>
> By the way i am  using as well QT C++.
>

> The error message is completely miss-leading and non-informative!
>
> Would be nice, if someone could give me a hint.

It's a registry setting...

Software\PyQt4\3.4\InstallPath

...in either current user or local machine.