[PyQt] Simple Examples for using SIP with PyQt5

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Thu Aug 20 15:45:22 BST 2015

On Thu Aug 20 14:53:46 BST 2015, Robert Kent wrote:

> I have actually managed to run the sip command successfully and
> auto-generated
> the necessary code, my issue is actually with creating a working
> configure.py
> and hence a Makefile. The examples refer to “pyqtconfig” which used to
> provide
> a range of Makefile classes which seemed to fill in all the details
> regarding
> include and library directories and compiler/linker options in general
> for the
> Qt framework and sip. Any help on what the necessary options are or how
> obtain them would be hugely appreciated.

It might be worthwhile looking at the configuration script for the
Python
bindings to QScintilla:

   https://riverbankcomputing.com/software/qscintilla/intro

Look in the Python/configure.py file for some code that figures out the
PyQt and
Qt configurations. It looks like it was written to be used as a template
for
other projects, too.

David