[PyQt] Qt5.5 / PyQt5 Webview Mac OSX does not load youtube site at all due to wrong plugin type

Rembrand at daxLAB rembrand at daxlab.com
Thu Dec 24 12:28:38 GMT 2015

Dear all,

I did have the problem before and have it again. This time I'm not able to solve this. It is not a PyQt5 problem, it is a qwebview widget problem that has been reported before. When I load a qwebview (widget) with youtube as an URL then it refuses to load/display the site page and returns an error like this:
----
Error loading /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin:
dlopen(/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin, 265): no suitable image found.

Did find:
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/QuickTime Plugin.plugin/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Plugin: mach-o, but wrong architecture
----

This happens on a fresh install of yosemite 10.10.5.
The first time I could solve the problem by removing/moving the offending QuickTime plugin away from the path specified in the error.
This time I did the same (for the system wide and my personal Library paths) but without succes.

I also did set PluginsEnabled to False but that has no effect either.

Question:
How to get the real good binary for the QuickTime plugin OR how to to solve this with or without plugins (I bet on HTML5 technology so I don't care to drop support for plugins).

Creative solutions (fake plugin?) are welcome too.