[PyQt] How to get Qt signals delivered to a pure python thread.

Ilya Kulakov kulakov.ilya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 15:11:36 GMT 2015

I have a python thread that mainly serves a network connection. In this thread (due to the logic/architecture of my app) I need connect to a slot of QApplication clipboard.
Something straightforward like connect does not work because my thread does not have a Qt event loop. However if I connect with a DirectConnect, I'll get my callback called, but sometimes it simply stops to work: no events are delivered.

Is there any utility classes in PyQt to subscribe to Qt events from non-Qt threads?