[PyQt] Bug in QScintilla-2.8.3 configure.py? (with fix)

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 09:57:45 GMT 2015

Hello, it’s been a long time.

I noticed that configure.py won’t run unless I disabled the file existence check at line 1265:

#    if not os.access(check_file, os.F_OK):
#        error("Unable to create the C++ code.")

it’s checking for the *existence* of ./Python/sipAPIQsci.h, which of course does not exist. Perhaps it should check    for write access instead?

Thanks for keeping this excellent project going for all of these years.
-P