[PyQt] Bug in QScintilla-2.8.3 configure.py? (with fix)

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:08:50 GMT 2015

Uh oh, once I get configure.py to complete successfully the make file (and Qsci.pro) don’t have any sources, and the dylib is empty.

I am running latest yosemite with pyqt5/5.4.1 installed via homebrew. Here is the output with the unmodified configure.py:

turin:Python patrick$ python3 configure.py --pyqt=PyQt5
Configuring QScintilla 2.8.3...
QScintilla 2.8.3 is being used.
The QScintilla .sip files will be installed in
/usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.4.3/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/share/sip/PyQt5.
The QScintilla module will be installed in
/usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.4.3/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packages/PyQt5.
PyQt 5.4 is being used.
Qt 5.4.1 is being used.
sip 4.16.5 is being used.
The sip executable is /usr/local/bin/sip.
The QScintilla module is being built with 'protected' redefined as 'public'.
The QScintilla API file will be installed in
/usr/local/Cellar/qt5/5.4.1/api/python.
Generating the C++ source for the Qsci module...
Error: Unable to create the C++ code.
turin:Python patrick$

Thoughts?