[PyQt] converting old signal/slot to new signal/slot

c c coastalchaos at hotmail.co.uk
Thu May 28 08:03:08 BST 2015

David,

Thanks.

The tutorial had a PyQt option. Click PyQt at the top of the code examples.

I do get the new style now thanks to your and other replies to the post.

I'm now wondering why adore application.instance() was the object as the parameter of the old style in my given example.

Was it trying to make sure the signal was only connected to a slot in that instance of qcoreplication? As its not wrapped up I'm assuming there will be only one instance of it?

I've been going through the code and am running it, fixing a signal/slot error then running it again. Just working my way through, but I don't want to break what I already have.

I'm trying to upgrade the code I have before moving forward with the rest of the project.

Rob

Sent from my iPad