[PyQt] future of (py)qt desktop

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Wed Jan 6 11:27:13 GMT 2016

Hello,

I'm leaning towards Python (and forgetting idea  about statically-
compiled languages with lousy GUI support) to write some desktop app and
was, naturally checking the status of PyQt and wxPython...

It is obvious that due to Phil's tireless work that PyQt is much better
maintained/developed and similar thing can be said about Qt vs wxWidgets
as well.

However, I read some comment in wxPython-dev list which says:

"The nice thing with wx is that it does not jump on the HTML5/Javascript
bandwagon. E.g. with Qt the traditional desktop widgets are more or less
a dead end and there's no C++/Python api for the more recent Qt Quick
approach, which makes development a pain."

Can anyone more familiar with (Py)Qt comment on it since I'm the one of
those which simply do not accept "JS crap everywhere" and still believe
in traditional desktop apps?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Many, many births both you and I have passed. I can remember
all of them, but you cannot, O subduer of the enemy!