[PyQt] about pyqtdelpoy and other packages

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Sun Sep 11 16:26:37 BST 2016

On 2016-09-11 10:55, wengo wrote:
> hi Phil,
>
> thanks for your example
>
> this example not work for me, It's disappointing..
>
> i try run
> python hello_world.py
> it's work
>
> but when i build to exe, i still get ImportError: No module named
> _socket

Can you share a full console log of the build of the example and
execution with error being sure we can see what all the paths are?
Include the following commands as well for a better understanding of
your system.

set
python --version
where python
pip freeze
python -c "help('modules')"

Sort of a shotgun approach, but it might save some back and forth.

You could also download a virtual from modern.ie and test you're result
on a totally clean system that way.

I swear I had an issue like this with _socket recently myself but I
can't find any records to refresh my memory.  I feel like it was
something silly like Python version (do you have Python 3 something
installed as well) or paths (search results comment on paths with '-' in
them).

I did notice that while you report using Python 2.7, the .pdy example
from Phil is for Python 3.5.2.  Not sure if that matters.

Best of luck getting to the bottom of this.

Cheers,
-kyle