[PyQt] Learning Qt5 designer

michael h michaelkenth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 04:19:47 GMT 2017

>   With wxPython I used a combination of horizontal and vertical boxes to
> layout widgets and saved the grid for multirow displays like a spreadsheet;

You can do the same thing in Qt with QHBoxLayout and QVBoxLayout (these are
like wx's BoxSizer). QGridLayout is very commonly used for myself.  Are
these what you mean by container widgets or are you asking about something
else?

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/examples-layouts.html

A QMainWindow can be used as your base window in Qt, it comes with options
for a menubar, toolbar, status bar, docked windows (similar to AUI), etc.
QMainWindow is a subclass of a QWidget. All QWidget subclasses can use
layouts to manage their child widgets.