[PyQt] Loading PyQt5 Designer

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jan 31 14:12:13 GMT 2017

Hi,

I re-added the mailinglist on Cc as I guess you didn't exclude it
intentioally - use the "reply to all" feature for mailinglists so
everyone can benefit from answers ;)

* dennisvanz <dennisvanz at bellsouth.net> [2017-01-31 13:51:01 +0000]:
> 1. I tried installing the wheel using pip through the Windows cmd
> window.  It said " the wheel is not a supported wheel on this
> platform"  What does that mean?  (By the way, I may have done it
> wrong -- I do not understand a lot of this stuff.) Another way of
> asking -- how and where do I install the wheel you provided a link
> to?

You'd do "pip install pyqt5-tools" - it seems like that wheel is built
for Python 3.5 only though... :-/

> 2. What do you mean by a separate Qt installation from qt.io ---
> download the same thing?  a different version? uninstall everything
> I have , etc etc

Basically do a second installation of Qt via their installer. The
version doesn't matter much, as you'll only need this installation to
use Qt Designer (which comes with it).

> Going back to my original question -- Is QT Designer included in the
> PyQT5 download?

No, not since PyQt switched from .exe installer to wheels (which can
be installed with pip).

Florian