[PyQt] Loading PyQt5 Designer

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Tue Jan 31 14:50:11 GMT 2017

On 2017-01-31 09:31, dennisvanz wrote:

> Now I am totally confused -- seems like conflicting answers.  I have
> python 3.6 64-bit and I have PyQT5 64 bit downloaded via pip3.

Not so much conflicting as much as what you need depends on what you are
going to do combined with there pretty much always being multiple
options.

> How to I get Designer so I can make GUIs -- I want it to show up in my
> Windows Start menu so I can just click it to get going.

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/designer.html#writing-qt-designer-plugins

Are you going to do this?  If so, you need the PyQt Designer plugin.  If
not, you don't need it.  Answer that and we'll talk about the next step.

Cheers,
-kyle