[PyQt] support for upgraded qtwebkit initiative?

Dan Hopkins dan.hopkins at hanzoarchives.com
Tue Jan 31 16:25:32 GMT 2017

On 5 Dec 2016, at 9:26 am, Peter Bienstman <peter.bienstman at
gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There is an initiative to upgrade qtwebkit to play nice with the
> latest Qt, which even seems to be making it into the official Qt
> project:
>
> http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2016-June/026156.html
>

>  https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases
>
> Is there a plan to provide PyQt support for this?

Peter,

Did you (or anyone else) try and succeed with PyQt and QtWebKit-NG?

My compilations from source for
PyQt-5.7.1/sip-4.19/Qt-5.7.1/QtWebKit[stable] on Ubuntu 14.04 segfault
consistently in libQt5WebKit.so

I'm debugging the root cause, but I'd be interested to hear other
peoples experience (configuration options etc) for comparison.

Florian mentioned it should work with LD_PRELOAD
(https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2016-December/038398.html)
although it's not clear to me if that was just to circumvent system
installed qt/webkit components or for another reason.

Thanks,
Dan