[PyQt] UnicodeDecodeError with output from Windows OS command

J Barchan jnbarchan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 21:49:33 GMT 2017

​I am being told elsewhere ​by a Qt expert that all I need to write in C++
would be:

myTextEdit->setText(myProcess->readAllStandardOutput());

That's it!  Which looks perfect to me.

Now, please, how can I do that from PyQt?  The C++ is somehow passing a
QByteArray as a QString, but if I understand correctly I cannot use those
types with PyQt.
Instead I must use Python's `bytes` & `str` types respectively, and then I
end up have to call `decode()` and specify an encoding, and that's where I
get lost.

*All I want is the Python/PyQt equivalent code for that C++ statement
above, please??*