[PyQt] pyqtdeploy building demo problem with NDK

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Aug 2 14:52:39 BST 2018

On 2 Aug 2018, at 2:44 pm, Ronald Petit <elronaldpetit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, it is not package manager, is archive manager, what Linux uses to extract files from compressed ones.

I assume you are talking about some GUI tool that is a wrapper around the real unarchiver (which is tar).

> And sorry again to be so annoying, but I really want to get this working, I doubt that my Python doesn't support .xz, I'm using python 3.7, and python is supposed to support .xz from 3.3, unless pyqtdeploy-sysroot is using python 2.7 I don't see why I'm getting that error.

Python will only support .xz if support for it was available when Python was built.

> Where I can modify how pyqtdeploy-sysroot extracts tar files?, seems like a common error when a tar file have multiple folders inside, which have no sense, as Qt have one single folder with a lot of folders and files inside

As I said, if you want to change the way Qt is built the you need to provide your own plugin that does what you want...

http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/sysroot.html#writing-a-component-plugin

Obviously the easiest thing to do is to take the one included with pyqtdeploy and modify it.